Objective: Seek the Position of Translator/Proofreader/Editor/Writer/Transcriber/Teacher of Foreign Languages.
Summary: Remarkably gifted and self-motivated Interpreter/Translator/Proofreader/Writer/Teacher with great experience providing optimal interpretation, translation, proofreading, editing.
Summary of Qualifications
- Excellent certified proficiency in English, Russian, Ukrainian, German, French.
- More than six years of experience in translation, proofreading, editing and revision in all language combinations.
- Proven excellent oral and written skills.
- Exceptional simultaneous interpretation skills: for courtroom cases, for publishing companies, and for individual clients.
- Skillful in the translation of themes related to the social sciences: legal, sociological, financial, psychological, and economic texts.
- Proven ability to translate complicated texts such as law, finance, IT, medical and official documents: from birth certificates to diplomas and transcripts.
- Significant experience in translating texts in the following areas: marketing and promotion; tourism; legal and financial documents (agreements, contracts, complaints etc.); design and multimedia; human relations; hi-tech; art.
- Great experience in website translations and writing articles and content for websites (e.g. a website of a tourist attraction in UAE ); apps for iPad; articles and publications in various fields.
- Technical translations as well as localization.
- Excellent team working abilities and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office, Word, Access, Excel, Power Point, Adobe Photoshop).
- Trados and Wordfast skills.
- Highly motivated and results oriented with the ability to plan ahead, excellent concentration and discipline, needed for extended hours of in-house work.
- Data entry 50 WPM.
- Passionate about languages and linguistics.
Personal characteristics: Responsible, communicative, organized, creative, interested in achievement of professional success.
1) 2004-2009- Sumy State University, Department of Foreign Languages.
Languages: English, Russian, Ukrainian, German, French.
2) 2010 -2014 - University of MI-Flint. USA. International Business. Undergraduate Program.
- Summer 2007-2011- Internship Practice(2007-2009 , job( 2010-2011) Tamarack Camps, Michigan, USA. Office Assistant. I supported the international team of counselors, prepared and managed correspondence.
- September 2007- March 2008 - Interpreter position in marriage agency “Amore”. Russia. I translated manuals, documents, e-mails, and contracts. Russian to English. English to Russian.
- March 2008-January 2009 - Teacher of English language in Alexander Lyceum in Ukraine.
- April-June 2009 - German Courses in Berlin Language School. Internship.
- September 2009 -April 2010 – Lead Russian to English translator, proofreader and editor in Economic Journal. I provided essential translation and proofreading services.
- Spring 2010- Interpreter, Tour Guide in Hurghada, Egypt. Interpretation, guidance, customer and other services for foreign tourists. Russian, English, German.
- June 2010 -till now-Independent Contractor, Researcher, Freelance Translator and Proofreader.
- October 2011 – till now – English to Russian, Russian to English translator and proofreader for FCI Translations.
-December 2011- till now – Shakespeare’s First Folio edition proofreader.
- January 2012 - till now – Russian content writer, translator and proofreader for gambling website.