Robert D. Coble
1327 Dresden Drive
Charlotte, NC 28205
I am a hardworking individual looking to secure a challenging and rewarding position in a company that will allow me to grow and develop along the way. Work in a team oriented environment to contribute to the growth and financial prosperity of the company.
Appalachian State University, Boone, NC Graduation Date: May 7, 2011
Bachelor of Arts in English; Bachelor of Arts in Foreign Languages and Literatures
Majors: Professional & Technical Writing; French and Francophone Studies
GPA – 3.05
Harris Teeter Grocery Stores Charlotte, NC – May 2008 to present
Front-End Associate Charlotte, NC – July 25, 2011 to present
Front-End Associate Boone, NC – Aug 3, 2009 to July 20, 2011
• Had several occasions where a customer would thank me for providing them customer service, such as loading their groceries into their vehicle, or helping them find an item in the store. Also, many of the customer service associates would compliment me on how well I worked.
Produce Clerk Charlotte, NC – May 2008 to July 24, 2009
Family Dollar Stores, Inc Charlotte, NC – June 1, 2009 to July 24, 2009 Temporary Team Member reset six area Charlotte Stores for the Macro Space Project involving Categories for Food, Household Chemical, Laundry, Paper, and Pet.
• interpreted where product was being relocated according to the Schematics
• replaced the old strips with new ones
• removed any product that was currently there; repositioned the shelves to better accommodate the new product; placed the product on the shelves.
• Depending on what was needed, fixtures were also built. I also assisted with Customer service as there were customers who, after seeing that many products had been relocated, asked where that product could be found in the store.
Tekmatex Corporation in Charlotte, NC – July 2008 and June 2003
July 2008 – Packed and closed the company after 30 years in business.
June 2003 – Inventory Clerk on temporary basis where I successfully completed the reconciliation of the inventory process during the time required. This included counting and validating product counts in warehouse, then passing the data to the project lead to input into computer database.
Internship and Advanced Projects
Feb 2011 to May 2011 – Graphic Designer for client project with International Music Coalition (IMC); Created promotional materials such as Flyers and Postcards.
Dec 2010 – Usability project for Appalachian State College of Business Advising Website
Oct 2010 – Created Brochure for Appalachian State English Dept Composition Program
May to Aug 2010 – Internship with High Country Home Magazine; responsibilities included Writing and Editing feature articles, Business Management (calling local businesses for advertising space of their products, payment reminders for ad space, setting up interviews/photo shoots), Photography (Photoshop), and Graphic Design (Photoshop and Illustrator).
Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel, Outlook, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat, Sony Vegas
Honors & Activities:
• Eagle Scout – October 2006 BSA Troop 39 MUMC
• Asst. Scout Master – December 2006 BSA Troop 39 MUMC
• Student Ambassador People To People – July 2005 traveled to Australia and New Zealand
• Tutor in French (Beginner to Advanced)