My overall objective in the publishing industry is to gain knowledge and experience, within the scope of freelance photography, writing and building my portfolio. To gain hands-on experience while providing creative, reliable and quality work. Ultimately, to achieve and surpass goals with each challenge I pursue.
I am currently seeking opportunities within and outside my hometown of Ottawa Ontario Canada. I possess a reliable vehicle and willing to travel. My photos and written works posted are a few examples of my work.
Provide me with the opportunities to learn and grow and I will provide you with quality work!
I am sweet and silly meets sentiment and purpose, with a touch of naughty and nice!
Freelancing assignments of interest: Real estate and travel photography. article writing, editing, proofreading, copywriting, special events photography, landscape and nature photography. If you are in need of photos for advertising, head shots, fashion collection and more, please send me a note.
I also provide home organization and basic home staging services. I am also available as a Personal Assistant.
Upcoming attractions: Self-publishing my first inspirational poetry and nature photography book. In the near future a new website to share it all with you.
EQUIPMENT: Macbook Pro
Access to basic lighting equipment
Other equipment intended to purchase as I am able to
Reliable vehicle with a clean abstract
Completely mobile if required
PROOFREADER: Roxanne Ugolee - 75,000 word manuscript - January 2014
EVENT PHOTOGRAPHER/WRITER (Snap Newspaper Group Inc.) A community-based publication, focusing on positive life and entertainment stories throughout the Ontario region.
- Prepared interview questions for each assignment
- Interviewed primary members for each event. Including the general public
- Pre-edited and proofread all material before submission
- Followed up on events with appreciation and thank you emails and calls
- Researched, wrote and photographed articles for a segment titled, 'Dogs in the park'
- Digitally uploaded all written and photographic material on to website while maintaining
deadlines, through a wirelessly connected employee portal from my home computer
- I wrote an article for a restaurant called Warung Schnitzel in Ubud Bali Indonesia
November 2012 at the owner's request. Take a peak!
SUBSTANCE MAGAZINE (Summer Internship)
- Assistant Editor
- Field research
- General office duties
- Attended monthly meetings
YOLANDE DESCHENES - YOLA COUTURE
-Photographed several Collections
-Assisted & photographed Collections during Ottawa Fashion Week
FA NIENTE - Luxury Social Club - Private Members
- Photographed all events
- Researched, photographed and wrote article for owners which appeared in Snap Ottawa Downtown Newspaper
- I participated and assisted with fundraising in Silent Auctions for the Ottawa Boys and Girls Club, Toy Mountain and the Food Bank - I am proud to say a few of my art pieces were donated and auctioned off to help raise funds for all three charities.
- Knowledgeable command of proofreader marks, spelling, grammar and punctuation
- Efficient and accurate
- Meticulously organized
- Multi-line telephone system
- Focused on deadlines
- Computer literate - Mac, Microsoft, Outlook, Adobe, internet browsing, hospital software
- Able to type 40 - 60 words per minute
- Consistently maintained overall integrity of all content
- Various communications, office related and technical skills acquired over 20 years
- Passionate, determined, reliable, genuine, talented (to name a few of my qualities)
- A proud parent
- I possess a flair for home reorganizing and decorating, basic home staging (small spaces)
- Established photographer (primarily nature photography)
- Aspiring Author (self-publishing summer 2014)