2009 – 2012
BA (Hons) English 2:1 (Creative Dissertation 1:1)
University of Plymouth
2012 Ink Magazine Assistant Editor
• An Assistant Editor on a University Run creative Magazine; applying skills in delegation, management and organisation.
• Work-shopping poetry and prose pieces.
• Working with InDesign and typology to understand the visual aspects for the magazine.
• Working in a team to get involved to work with others to help and improve and progress, and organised the launch
2011 University of Plymouth Amateur Dramatics Social Secretary
2012 University of Plymouth Amateur Dramatics Treasurer
• Founded a completely new society and helped it grow to become an extremely successful society.
• Hosted numerous showcases, with 3 plays comprised of University student scripts and again in second year, directing 2 of the plays.
• Organised fundraising and social events.
• Re-elected as Treasurer and trusted to handle money of over 60 new members.
August 2012 Patricia Murphy Films Office Runner
• Interviewed for work experience with one of the United Kingdom’s most decorated Directors.
• Administrative duties and maintaining the Office.
• Worked closely with the Production manager in pre-production- creating storyboards and referencing for treatments.
• Learnt basic post-production skills, with final cut shop pro and DVD studio manager.
June 2012 The Herald Reporter
• Work experience at Plymouth’s biggest local newspaper.
• Writing picture stories, where the articles went on to be published.
• Research and communication skills. Initiative and independent work that was handed to the editor, and given them ideas.
• A taste of field journalism, including a vox pod.
2010 – 2012 Stephen Freeman Concessions Bar supervisor
• Earned bonuses for maintaining excellent standards.
• Ensured that the bar was well stocked.
• Trusted to construct the structure of bar.
2010 – 2012 Citrus Event Staffing Bar Staff
• Working at festivals, serving customers and maintaining excellent service in pressured environments.
• Trained new staff. Showed support, encouragement and commitment.
• Handled money and used quick arithmetic consistently at busy periods.