Human Resources Professional with over 18 years HR experience and unique experience within the Medical Insurance Industry, which brings great insight to the Benefits Management/Administration function, I am however a full cycle HR professional with full working knowledge of all areas.
I have Directed, Managed and Administered Human Resources in the Non-Profit, Government Contracting and Retail arenas, overseeing anywhere from 150 to 800 Employees.
• Successfully planned, developed and implemented new Compensation Policy and Structure for organization of 3,000 plus employees.
• Successfully managed several Benefit Renewals and Plan conversions and Full Cycle Open Enrollments.
• Successfully managed the conversion and transfer of company’s $4.5 million dollar 403B account to new provider and phase out of Pension Plan.
• Successful implementation of full cycle Human Resources department for small 8(a) companies
• Successfully managed the selection and implementation of a new payroll system.
• Successfully managed the implementation and training for new Time and Attendance System for over 600 plus employees.
• Serve as a member of the Executive Management team on Strategic Planning
• Oversee the day to day function of the Compensation, Benefits and Payroll Departments.
• Manage the day to day operations of the HR department to include Benefits Administration, Compensation, Compliance, Employee Relations, etc.
• Oversee HR personnel and assign projects as needed.
• Manage the overall Employee Relations and Benefits Function within the HR Department.
• Work directly with the CEO, CFO, Controller and Payroll Manager on specific projects dealing with Annual Renewals, Audits, and Required filings.
• Administer all levels of Insurance (Short term, Long Term, Life, AD&D, Medical,
Dental, Vision) for U.S. and International Employees.
• Maintain all employee eligibility information
• Act as a Liaison between the insurance company and the employees in reference to
claims and eligibility issues.
• Correspond with Insurance Brokers and Account Representatives on a regular basis
to insure accuracy of plan documents.
• Administer COBRA
• Negotiate benefit renewals along with Brokers
• Advise Executive Management on Plan Designs and updates
• Oversee Implementation of any new benefits offered by the company
• Manage and Oversee Company 401k and 403B Plans of over $4.5million
• Administer Flexible Spending Account
• Manage and Administer Workers Compensation for employees in multiple states
• Reconcile Monthly Insurance Billing Statements
• Negotiate Insurance renewals along with Brokers
• Work with Brokers to forecast annual Benefits Budget to meet companies fiscal budget deadlines
• Manage and Coordinate the entire Open Enrollment Process
• Ensure total Compliance with State and Federal Laws
• Manage Company Health Awareness initiatives and coordinate annual Health Awareness Week activities
• Supervise Benefits Assistant
• Conduct Market Analysis and Job Mapping
• Complete Job Analysis for entire organizations
• Work with provider on Compensation Surveys
• Build new compensation structure from ground up.
• Strategize with Executive Team on Banding Levels and Ranges
• Develop new Compensation Policy for organizations
• Manage and Administer 5500 Filings (Health and Welfare and 401K)
• Prepare and Maintain EEO-1 and VETS 100 Reports
• Update and maintain Affirmative Action Plan
• Coordinate HIPPA Compliance
• Ensure that company is in full compliance with FLSA, FMLA, ADA and OSHA Regulations
• Review and update Employee Handbook to comply with any changes in State and
• Ensure that Executive Management is aware of any and all changes in compliance regulations.
• Audit HR files on a regular basis to insure proper recordkeeping.
• Make sure Position Descriptions, Offer Letters and Company Forms are in compliance with State and Federal Government Regulations.
• Utilized resume banks and recruitment sites to search for eligible candidates
• Utilize Brassring to search and maintain Applicant Resumes.
• Contacted potential employees to set up Interview appointments
• Represented Company at Job Fairs
• Interviewed Prospective employees
• Research Workforce Trends and Industry Standards for Pay and Classification
• Maintain company Labor Categories and Exempt/Non Exempt Status Worksheets to ensure DOL Compliance.
• Maintain ATS System
• Counsel Managers and Employees on various employment related issues
• Allow employees to discuss their concerns and issues
• Create Motivational programs for Employees
• Monitor Employee Morale and come up with ideas to make Employees feel valued.
• Act as a liaison between the employees and the company
• Investigate employee complaints and work with corporate attorneys to resolve issues such as discrimination and ****** Harassment.
• Oversee the payroll function for the entire organization and manage the Payroll Administrator.
• Chose and managed the implementation of new payroll system.
• Direct the administration of payroll for over 621 employees
• Work with Executive Management team on strategic management of the overall function for the organization.
• Develop Performance Management Plans, choose vendors and administer organization plan
• Conduct New Hire Orientations
• Prepare Position Descriptions
• Create Policies and Procedures as needed and update current policies to ensure
• Counsel Employees on Employee Relations Issues (****** Harassment,
Confidentiality, Time and Attendance, etc.)
• Corresponding any HR Related Changes to all Employees.
• Search various HR sites for updated information and changes in the industry.
• Assisted in initial ISO 9001 Certification process and continue to maintain
Benefits/Compensation Consultant, Independent Consulting Contracts, Columbia, MD
Director of Compensation and Benefits, Lanham, MD
March 2010- September 2011
Human Resources/Benefits Manager, Upper Marlboro, MD
August 2007- December 2008(Company Filed Bankruptcy-Employees laid off)
Human Resources Administrator, Alexandria, VA
January 2004 – August 2007
Human Resources Specialist, Alexandria, VA
April 2000 - January 2004
Insurance Claims Auditor, Bethesda, MD
June 1995-April 2000.
Recruiter, Washington, D.C.
February 1992-June 1995.
Personnel Assistant, Washington, D.C.
June 1987-February 1992.
Masters in Human Resource Management, UMUC, Current
Bachelors of Science in Journalism/Public Relations, Bowie State University, 1991
Certification in Human Resource Management, George Mason University, 2001
SPHR Certification January 2012
DELTEK/GCS PREMIERE AND COSTPOINT, COGNOS, ADP, PAYCHEXS, CERIDIAN , Kelly Payroll, UltiPro (Ultimate Software)
FMLA/FLSA/OSHA/ADA Regulations Certification
ISO9001 Certification Training
Workers Compensation Certification
Member of Society for Human Resource Management since April 2000