413 Classon Ave, Apt 4, Brooklyn,
AREAS OF STRENGTH
• Fashion illustration, textile design, technical drawing, rendering, sketching, trend research/development, and graphic design. Proficient in use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Adobe Photoshop, Indesign and Illustrator.
9/13- present at Ralph Lauren (freelance)
Illustrator/ colorist, New York, NY
• Capture and render design ideas quickly and accurately for presentations, through experimentation with Prisma color pencils and markers to communicate fabrication and drape.
2/13- present at Abby Lichtman Design (freelance)
Textile artist, New York, NY
• Create original illustrations for textiles (hand drawn, computer generated & heat transfer methods), in preparation for designer presentations and textile shows such as Indigo (clients include Marchesa, Donna Karen & Calvin Klein).
9/13- 10/13 at Calvin Klein (performance & outerwear) (freelance)
Textile designer/ graphic artist, New York, NY
• Create original artwork utilizing hand drawn methods, experiment with various color combinations according to the seasons color palette on Photoshop, ‘index’ and ‘pitch’ prints in preparation for off shore screen printing, modify and recolor existing art work.
1/13- 08/13 at Gia Ventola (full time)
Assistant designer/ concept illustrator, New York, NY
• Utilize Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and hand drawn methods to render concepts, create technical drawings for tech packs, assemble strike off packs for digital printing, develop repeat prints, and research emerging trends.
9/12 – 12/12 at Academy of Art University (full time)
Fashion illustration instructor, San Francisco, CA
3/10 – 06/12 at Auckland University of Technology (full time)
Fashion illustration/ textile design instructor, Auckland, NZ
• Facilitate lessons in fashion figure drawing, expose students to various fabric rendering techniques, educate students in fabrication, garment detail, technical drawing, color theory, storyboards and trend forecasting.
• Awarded the Auckland University’s teaching scholarship for fashion illustration, and selected as spokesperson.
• O-1 visa recipient (U.S) for ‘illustrator with extra-ordinary ability’.
• Best Design Gold Award for Illustration as Inquiry (Masters Illustration publication).
• Awarded Supreme Design Award at New Zealand’s Style Pasifika Fashion competition; nominated Emerging Fashion Designer of the year; and selected to showcase, in Gorizia, Italy, for the Mittel Moda Fashion Design Awards.
3/6- 8/10 at Auckland University of Technology, Auckland, NZ
• Masters in Art and Design – Graphic Design/Illustration (2010)- Graduated Summa *** Laude – Valedictorian
• Bachelors in Art and Design – Fashion Design (2008)