FERNANDO A. ALICEA
23808 Plantation Palms Blvd., Land O Lakes, Florida 34639 • Mobile: 727-504-2107 • firstname.lastname@example.org
• A dynamic, customer focused and results oriented healthcare implementations consultant. Seasoned and accomplished MBA educated professional with vast McKesson ERP software proficiency. Expert knowledge in PMM and PFM modules. Full Lawson Financial and Management implementation experience and a proven 13 year track record in healthcare financial management and materials management systems.
• Goal driven team player who places utmost importance on quality services and high customer satisfaction
• Experienced analyst with over 75 ERP system implementations across the Continental US and Canada
• Skilled trainer, process designer, policy and procedure developer and system configuration analyst with extensive data cleansing and conversion experience. Proficient interface design facilitator.
KEY COMPETENCIES GAINED THROUGH EXPERIENCE AND MBA PROGRAM
• McKesson PMM and PFM software upgrades
• Lawson Financials and Materials
• Strata (project tracking application) interface from PMM for PO and Invoice transactions
• Perpetual and Par Level Inventory management automation and efficiencies
• Standardized Item Master and description/nomenclature redesign
• Crystal Seagate Reports Development
• Financial and Materials Management End-User Training
• Projects and Fixed Assets Analysis to GL and AP accounting flow (Projects, Assets, AP and GL)
• Surgery Supply Interface testing and implementation
• Financial Analysis
• Corporate Finance
• Strategic Management
• Project management
• E-Payables system implementations
• Horizon Supply Source Requisition approval and Procurement Automation
• Fraud Examination
• Global Business Mgmt
• Managerial Accounting
DDR Technologies, Inc.
Senior Implementation Analyst 2007 – Present
As Senior Implementations Analyst from 2007 to present, working in major projects throughout Ohio, implementing Electronic Payment technologies at Catholic Health Partners. Performed data conversions and facilitated training during CHP’s mergers and acquisitions of Healthcare Systems in Ohio, Tennessee and Pennsylvania. Assisted clients throughout the United States in PMM and PFM software implementations, upgrades, troubleshooting, customer support and training.
• Assisting in testing and quality assurance of new software products development and implementation prior to GA release
• Provide assistance and support during rollout and through post implementation phase.
• At Catholic Health Partners eliminated 60% of Purchase Orders and Invoices. Reduced invoice matching discrepancies by 71%, reducing operating costs by 59%. Assisted in the accomplishment of a major client goal of becoming a green organization and saving over $800K. per year in office space, utilities and FTE’s across the board.
• Supported CHP’s consolidation project of acquiring St. Mary’s Hospital in Knoxville, TN and their subsequent merger with Baptist Healthcare Systems resulting in over $600 million of combined revenue and cost reductions.
Fernando Alicea| C: 727-504-2107 | email@example.com | Page 2 of 3
• Data analysis to establish vendor enrollment criteria to the E-Payables (Electronic Payment) systems, which resulted in capturing over $3 million in rebates, $1.8 million in discounts and also streamlining the payment processing and reducing costs by 68%.
• Training of Accounting and Materials Management personnel at hospitals on PMM and PFM modules.
• Headed the AP data conversion (10 year AP historical data migration) for the Baton Rouge Medical Center
• Effectively lead and conducted data cleansing tasks for major data migration projects.
• Designed and co-authored the policies and procedures manual
Brookmeade Healthcare, Inc. Atlanta , GA
Senior Implementation Analyst 2006–2007
As Senior Implementation Analyst, worked directly with client to assure the successful implementation of the PFM project at Tampa General Hospital, Tampa, Florida. Proactively and aggressively addressing key project milestones and pre-implementation issues in order to meet the targeted go-live date which was in danger of not being met prior to my assignment.
• Lead the Finance department systems implementation providing expert guidance during the most critical stages of the implementation.
• Designed test scripts for all AP, GL, Fixed Assets and Projects Modules and documented new policies and procedures as required under functionality and business rules. Documented test results and future procedural changes applicable to new system.
• Conducted training of Invoice Matching , AP, GL, and IT interface requirements for ACH, and patient related accounting functions including patient and insurance refunds.
• Validation of integrated and interfaced transactions to assure they were captured at the GL level and reflected in financial reports with supporting data.
• Assisted Decision Support in identifying, designing and validating financial and operational reports
• Defined procurement approval rules for construction projects and designed the required interfaces for full integration of Strata Project and Budget system to the Purchasing, AP, GL and Asset Management systems
• Instrumental in delivering the full Materials Management, Project Management and Financial Management implementations successfully and within the expected timelines for simultaneous go-live with the Cerner Clinical System implementations and with zero post live critical issues
ISH, Inc., Fairfield, NJ
Senior Implementation Specialist 2005-2006
Hired to support implementation of PMM Version 9.0 at St. Luke’s Hospital, Maumee, Ohio and lead this effort as Project Manager while conducting trainings and assisting sales teams in presentations and client support. Successfully managed a separate inventory consolidation project as part of the overall strategic initiative.
• Designed data cleansing strategies and MS Access tools resulting in lean and better structured Item Master and Vendor Master files prior to implementation.
• Directly responsible for the new policies and procedures documentation effort.
• Conducted training and testing sessions on PMM and HSS using live transaction samples randomly selected while documenting testing results and future procedural changes.
Fernando Alicea| C: 727-504-2107 | firstname.lastname@example.org | Page 3 of 3
McKesson Provider Technologies, Inc., Wheeling, IL
Implementation Consultant 2002-2005
Successful implementation of Pathways Materials Management and Pathways Financial Management. Managed multiple implementations at hospital systems with capacities ranging from 50 to 400 beds. Trained new hires simultaneously. Personally lead the successful completion of two of the first PFM 3.8 to 9.0 versions for Multi-Corp and Multi-currency facilities. Lead end-user training sessions focusing on individual client best business practices while also facilitating new implementation analyst trainings.
• Conducted mentoring and user-friendly trainings of new hires and junior staff.
• Innovated and conducted customer training sessions on functionality for both PFM and PMM at over 10 different healthcare organizations.
• Member of support and development teams to identify and troubleshoot software related issues.
MOFFITT CANCER CENTER, Tampa, FL
Business Analyst – Lawson Software
Key member of software implementation and data conversion team. Responsible for completing data conversion, vendor master and web requisition templates, training of key users, installation and implementation of fax server
with automated PO transmission resulting in an 85% paperless process. Designed MS Access database geared towards gathering web user profile information and required data for establishing approval rules.
• Developed crystal reports for inventory usage, accrued receipts, price-unit of measure discrepancies and draw-down PO balances, buyer expediting, asset acquisition and tracking data.
• Designed and produced policies and procedures manual for Purchasing, receiving and General Stores.
• Participated in the setup, testing and training on hand-held technology for all inventory locations and most nursing par locations.
• Lead requisitioning training sessions for over 350 users.
• Designed, managed and implemented Lawson Item Master to Orsos (OR) and Orsos Pick Ticket to Lawson Requisition Interface.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
Saint Leo University, St. Leo, Fl.
MBA, Accounting, GPA 3.58 2011
Inter American University of Puerto Rico, Rio Piedras, PR
BBA, Accounting 1996
Lambers CPA Review, Cupey, PR
CPA candidate 1997
Software Skills include: Seagate Crystal Reports Advanced User Certification
Pathways Financial Management Software (v.15.0)
Pathways Materials Management Software (v. 15.0)
Lawson Materials Management and Financial Software (v.8.0)
Bank of America E-Payables
MS SQL Server Enterprise
Peachtree for Windows
MS Office 2010: Excel, Word, Access, MS PowerPoint, Outlook, MS Project
Language Skills: Fluent in English and Spanish