CASSANDRA L. JONES
240 Paseo de Gracia, Redondo Beach, CA 90277 | (310) 951-7240 Cassandrabythesea@gmail.com
Editorial Intern, Office of Public Affairs & Publications, California State University, Chico, Spring 2011
• Copyedited all major campus publications, wrote articles for various on-campus publications, and managed website content, under supervision of university publications editor.
Editorial Staff, Watershed Literary Magazine, California State University, Chico, Vol. 24, Fall 2010
• Critiqued and ranked approximately 300 submissions of poetry, short fiction, art, and photography; narrowed down selections to 34 pieces; and determined with editorial staff the layout and cover design of the magazine.
Collaborative Editor, Naturegraph Publishers, Inc., California State University, Chico, Fall 2010
• Proofread and line edited author Barbara Brown’s 300-page manuscript, using Chicago Manual of Style; recommended titles, organizational patterns, and themes.
Editorial Assistant, From Dusk to Need: 25 Years of Flume Press, California State University, Chico Spring 2010
• Collaborated within an editorial team that reviewed Flume Press chapbooks, nominated the top works from each chapbook, and decided as a team which poems and short stories would be published in the final Flume Press anthology.
Other Related Experience
Educator, Lululemon Athletica, Manhattan Beach, CA, Summer of 2008 to December 2010 (Seasonal)
• Maintained up-to-date product knowledge while working in a daily goal-oriented environment; demonstrated a professional and personalized approach with guests, earning a reputation as an effective and skilled assistant; planned and organized special events which provided positive marketing and increased sales productivity.
Academic Coach, Score! Learning Center
• Guided and encouraged students to participate in a learning environment to enhance their math, reading, and other academic skills; provided positive customer service in addition to miscellaneous office duties, including data entry.
California State University, Chico
• Bachelor of Arts, English: December 2011
• Minor: Creative Writing
o Placed 2nd for creative nonfiction story, Spring 2011
• Literary Editing and Publishing Certificate
Proficient in: Microsoft Office programs, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Reader, Adobe Photoshop, Wordpress, and Blogger; familiar with Chicago Manual of Style, AP style, and style sheets.