58-15 34ave, 1FL, Woodside, NY 11377
Strong Draping/Patternmaking /Sewing (machine/hand) skills • Excellent Understanding of Garment Construction • Great knowledge of fabrics/textiles • Digital Photography •Art & Embroidery Layouts•Concept Design Sketching • Flats /Specs •Illustration •Beading •Lace Application •Fluent in Korean and Japanese •Highly motivated with awareness of fashion trends
SOFTWARE: Adobe; Illustrator, Photoshop •Microsoft; Word, PowerPoint, Excel •Web PDM •Blue Cherry
Fashion Institute of Technology, State University of New York –Associate in Applied Science degree- Fashion Design Major 2010
Pratt Institute, Fashion Design Major
Korean National University of Arts – Bachelor of Fine Arts degree 2008
4/11- Present NOTATIONS |New York, New York
• Designing women’s Sportswear Collection. Meeting daily with Head Designer & Creative Director for design & line direction of brands. Overseeing direction of original prints and artwork. Research Fashion Editorials and shop frequently in order to chase trends in the market.
• Hand and Computer Sketching, selecting and sourcing fabric/trim, communicating w/ factories and vendors.
• Working closely with production, and sample room, putting original designs into work, and reviewing original samples and fit.
• Translate design, spec, and construction into Blue Cherry- (Apparel Software), Illustrate graphics and prints.
• Develop new bodies and update bestsellers. illustrate fashion and technical sketches. Create fabric, trim, & trend boards. Pinpoint trends/inspiration for each season.
• Work with Head Designer to merchandise the line for market week.
11/10- 5/11 JEN KAO | New York, New York
Full time Freelance Assistant Designer
• Created inspiration and color story boards for line direction of current seasons. Worked with head designer on themes/trends for each season.
• Researched and sourced new key fabrics both in local market and with overseas vendors.
• Hand beaded, and sewed unique details, and embellishments for garments. Designed and created one of a kind trims for Ready to wear line.
• Flat Sketched new designs as well as finished samples, for line sheets. Created original artwork and graphics, to send out for prints and embroideries.
• Assisted on direction and styling of photo-shoots for look books and editorial.
Full Time Freelance
Freelance fashion illustrator for b. Michael
Custom Jewelry design at 401by.com / Seoul, Korea 2007~2008
Jung Chul Park, NY Trade Show, Volunteer Sales and Display, 2009
Son Jung Won, NY Fashion Week Runway Show, Volunteer Dresser, 2009
Douglas Hannant, NY Bridal Show, Volunteer Dresser 2009
Awarded first prize for eveningwear design, Fashion Institute of Technology, 2010
Dean’s list at Fashion Institute Technology and Pratt Institute
Academic scholarship Recipient, Pratt Institute, 2009
Scholarship recipient, Korean National University of Arts, 2008