Visual Merchandise Creative/Art Director
Retail Marketing and Visual Merchandising specialist with over 20 years of experience in all facets of design, in creative project management and execution of branded merchandising strategies and standards.
- Visual Merchandising Execution
- Merchandise Planning
- Cutting-edge Creative Design
- Visual Publication / Standard Execution
- Print Buying / Production / Press Direction
- Project Management
- High Quality Presentation
- Visual Virtual Execution
- Photography Direction / Photographer
- Trade Shows Design
- Magazine Creative Designer
- Brochures / Print Ads / Magazine
Visual Merchandise Communication Senior 1/2005 - Present (Full-Time)
JCPenney Plano, TX
Solid Success in developing communications for visual merchandising strategies, standards and Set Smart tools for Women’s, Men’s Kid’s and Home division for direction for all JCPenney Stores. Directing and implementing visual communication standards and execution of Visual Retailing, exceeding expectations and developing the future for store environment visuals. Managed and partnered with Divisions for execution of the monthly Vision execution at a professional level to support storewide initiatives.
- Communication and ensure implementation and execution of all visual merchandising techniques.
- Partnered with Divisions to define opportunities to execute new merchandising and visual techniques for new floor pads changes and new shop execution
- Strong leadership role in problem solving visual challenges specific to new shop communication directs,
- Managed all creative and special projects for all new Shop vision execution.
- Developed skill sets of current visual managers and staffs through trainings to execute all new visual/merchandise techniques: table plan-o-grams, store layout for communication for monthly communication Vision Guide/ Visual Retailing.
- Partner with Merchandising, Planning, Allocation, Production, and Operations to create visual strategies for the variances in store types including size, volume, and climate.
- Create and develop wardrobing and rigging as well as wall and table merchandising techniques.
Communication of monthly Set Smart Tool Box, store training for new roll-outs and new shops.
- Communication of all division’s needs to Marketing standards to ensure development of branding and lifestyle graphics for use in Store signage.
- Partnered with Project Management and Store Design to execute shop Design, roll-outs, floor direction, signing and developed execution of Floor Concepts for new shops and floor pads
- Partnered with Creative for Visual standards and visual guidance and images on merchandise presentation objectives and merchandise assortments by developing visual cueing elements that enhance the look of the store and maximize the utilization of space by department.
- Designs visual depiction for use in Store based on creative coloration with the Division and Marketing.
- Store visits; working to ensure that stores are in compliance with corporate standards and that direction is executed at a bigger level, specific to each store’s design.
Creative/Art Director 10/1997 – 12/2005 (Full-Time)
Koch-Glitsch, LP Dallas, TX
Led creative team and directed a cohesive brand image for multiple companies under Koch Industries worldwide.
- Lead development and execution of creative producing Award Winning Campaign for Multiple Engineering Magazine ads and Covers.
- Developed and managed intellectual property standards and guidelines.
- Hands-on design / layout development and execution from concept to completion both independently and while leading a design team of 4.
- Teamed with copywriter to develop concepts that support the strategic direction for collateral print, website and brochures.
- Designed directed all creative and optimize graphical assets, typography, and layout within the parameters of the corporate branding system
- Responsible for graphics and trade shows presentations.
- Managed all print pre-press and purchasing of all collateral.
- Art directed all Creative photo shoots for all collateral.
Creative/Art Director 4/1991 – 4/1997 (Full-Time)
Couristan Inc. Fort Lee, NJ
Solid Success in leading Award winning national advertising campaigns for juvenile accent rugs. Responsible for all trade media planning and print buying.
- Responsible for the execution and tracking of promotion expenses and co-ad spending.
- Hands-on design / layout development and execution from concept to completion both independently and while leading a design team of 5.
- Designed, create and optimize graphical assets, typography, and layout within the parameters of the corporate branding for retail development.
- Managed a team of 5 to meet multiple projects, conflicting deadlines and approvals with razor focus and impeccable attention to detail
- Responsible for new visual merchandise techniques and displays for various products for retail display.
- Partnered with Marketing Team for all brand in the creation of customized collateral and promotions.
- Responsible for development of creative concepts for individual brands, labels and special projects.
- Coordinated traffic, served as print buyer and managed five other designers.
- Experience interfacing with upper management, sales teams and retailing teams.
- Art Direction for photography and maintained product shots.
- Responsible for print sourcing and photography buying.
- Hands-on design/layout development and execution from concept to completion for juvenile accent rugs for the licensed products of The Walt Disney Company, Hit Entertainment (Barney), Quality Family Entertainment (Thomas the Tank), and Marvel Comics.
- Created freestanding displays and signage for mass merchant and department store level for juvenile accent rugs.
Art Director 2/1986 – 4/1991 (Full-Time)
Image Advertising, Oaklawn, NJ
Efficiently lead art direction of all multiple clients’ projects for ongoing marketing programs for newspaper, television, magazine and brochures.
- Directed six artists in the preparation of new business.
- Mentored a design team through the creative process for clients needs
- Hands-on design / layout, and maintenance of brand identity of advertisements for multiple clients.
- Work with copywriter to develop concepts that support the strategic direction of marketing collateral ranging from concept driven campaigns to support brochure, print ads, and logos for various clients.
- Art Direction for photography for various campaigns.
- Hands-on design / layout and prepared television commercial story boards.
- Responsible for all printing and photography buying and traffic coordination.
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Graphic Arts, 1986
New York Institute of Technology, New York, New York
Environment: Literate in both Apple and PC operating systems
Visual Retailing, Quark Xpress, Adobe Photoshop CS5, Adobe Illustrator CS5
Proficient: Adobe In design CS4, Adobe Acrobat, MS PowerPoint, MS Word, MS Excel