SHANNON M. BERRY
To obtain a position where I can use my customer service, management, communication, and Organizational development skills in conjunction with my education background.
Enthusiastic, confident and motivating professional with strong leadership abilities. Highly versatile with a reputation for superior organizational skills, solid judgment, flexibility and analytical abilities. Articulate, focused and detail driven with well-honed communication and interpersonal skills. Resourceful self-starter with exemplary multitasking abilities. Capability in working well under pressure while adjusting rapidly to new and challenging situations to meet time-sensitive deadlines. Consistently strives to achieve perfection in all endeavors, earning a reputation for excellence, achievement and high levels of personal commitment.
Staff Training and Development, Instruction, Communication, Supervision, Management, Organizational Development, Team Building, Problem Solving, Customer Service, Sales, Data Entry, Student Services, Accounting, Supervising, Leadership
Proficient in Windows 98, XP & Vista and MAC Platforms; MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel); Internet Explorer, Firefox; Safari; Adobe Creative Suite and LightRoom,
M.A Science of Psychology
University of Phoenix | Online Campus | July 2010-June 2012
Savannah College of Art and Design | Atlanta, GA | January 2006-May 2010
Art Talk Radio Show (Internship)
Cecil Bernard Enterprises | Atlanta, GA | 2008
• Radio Talk show host
• Creative artistic topics dealing with traditional art
• Discuss and analyzes caller questions and thoughts
• Contributed to the definition of the show as well as increased listenership.
Art Tutor (internship)
Student Tutor for Client | Atlanta, GA | 2009
• Teach two elementary student fundamentals of Art.
• Created art projects and exercises
• Children’s Book: “Halo Babies” (2011) Client, Gwen Freeman
• Business Card Design for Voices of Faith Baptist Church (2010) Client, Pastor David Turner
• Children’s Book: “When I Grow Up” (2009) Client, Judy Sanders
• Book Cover Illustration “7 Fruitful Thoughts” (2009) Client, Torri Griffin
Supply Store Assistant Manager
Art Institute | Los Angeles, CA | 2011- Present
• Meeting operational expectations by implementing and maintaining high retail standards.
• Effective store merchandising, Helping organize promotions
• Managing deliveries from suppliers, Compiling of all the reports that have to be checked on a daily basis, organizing and filing papers
• Responsible for supervising product inventory, Verify quality and quantity of products that are received
• Provide assistance and solve problems by interfacing directly with customers.
• Managed front cashiers in areas of monies handling, voids, shift breaks and customer service.
• Monitor the performance of customer service functions; identify problem areas and implement immediate corrective actions that improve levels of service and support.
• Communication with outside vendors
• Managing and updating status of student accounts
• Partner with Accounting Department assisting with in school and out of school collection calls.
• Social Media and Marketing Advertisements for featured supplies
• Collaborate and assist with all aspects of planning, development, and execution of social media strategies, initiatives, and content targeted to student consumers
Part-Time Assistant Manager
Lane Bryant | Los Angeles, CA/Snellville,GA |2008-2011
• Interviewed, Trained and Supervised (staff of 8) employees in daily job requirements
• Handled all aspects of inventory, phone calls, bookkeeping and payroll; performed daily bank runs Maintain in-store and window displays/floor plans to promote new merchandise
• Involved in organizing and conducting monthly store meetings, to keep management and staff abreast of new products, services and policies
• Created effective solutions to motivate employees and increase store revenue and store credits
Department of Driver Services | Decatur, GA | 2008
• Provided complete and accurate information to customers and the general public concerning agency services, laws, rules, and regulations
• Identified and documented validity of information received.
• Administered and graded written examinations on traffic laws and administered road tests to rate applicants' driving ability.
• Entered data from forms, records and/or other sources into the computer.
• Processed documents and/or collects prescribed fees and completed transactions.