NOTE: Please note that the price listed merely reflects completion of one possible task. Since this is a site that will need constant help, know that you may be asked to complete multiple assignments each week, or each month. The price is in no way meant to undercut real talent, as all work with us will be on a constant basis as we hope to actually hire staff in the near future. By the way, please check out our site, AScandalouslyFabulousLife, to ensure that our content is indeed a good fit for you. However, if you are juggling too many assignments currently, please do not apply. We need consistency and prompt results, not empty promises.
We are seeking experienced Editorial Assistance with the ability to cover all of the following topics: Lifestyle, Parenting, News, and Entertainment, and so on. All candidates are expected to write fast and edit when needed. They must have extensive online experience, the ability to pay close attention to the details and change direction in a moment’s notice.
Candidates must be able to show strong editorial judgment and have the ability to help guide a writer, in order to mold their work into something we want on the site. Candidates need to be self-motivated and able to brainstorm ideas that are original and will drive traffic.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Familiarity with SEO best practices and understanding what makes web content viral and sticky is vital to this role.
- This role is a heavy writing position, and the ideal candidate should be able to handle writing a high volume of posts daily.
- Candidates must understand how to (and be willing to) promote posts from the site, are responsible for all art and fact-checking of their own posts, and of those they oversee.
- The ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and multi-task are essential.
- We are looking for candidates with a positive attitude, an open mind, a willingness to learn and experiment, a desire to be part of an amazing brand and a willingness to put forth 110% effort.
- Keep up with and post all prizes and giveaways to the site.
- Familiarity with leading online sites (newspapers, blogs, social bookmarking sites, etc.) and social media platforms, including Twitter and Facebook, is highly desired.
- Assist with moderating comments and activity on the site.
- Candidate needs to have at least 3 years online writing experience. 1 year online editing experience a strong plus.
- Go through and choose quality articles from the Scandalous Pages to market on our Homepage.
- Familiarity with online media (basic HTML, CMS and SEO experience) highly desirable
- Web savvy
- Part-time commitment
- Relationship-minded sales skills when contacting bloggers, and so on, about marketing their works to the Homepage, promotions and giveaways, etc.
- Experience and a comfort level with social media tools and techniques, including site maintenance, such as moderating comments. Helping get the conversation started, posting polls and questions for users in order to garner participation and the sense of community on the site.
- Stellar interpersonal and communication skills
- A natural sense of urgency; ability to juggle many initiatives at the same time
- Self-motivated skills, only needs minimal attention to perform
- Assist editor with editing the site and other duties as assigned.
- Assist editor with highlighting quality articles from the Scandalous Pages to market on our Homepage.
Given that our business is internet driven, this is a work-from-home position. Our chosen candidate must have reliable self-starting skills and good personal time management skills.
Note: This is a new website seeking to expand in a diverse market while helping others and various charities in the process. Therefore, contributors should have a realistic figure in mind regarding compensation before applying for a position. Keep in mind, these positions have the potential to become full-time in the near future. So showcase your best work...always!
This is an off-site position. You must be able to commit to 15-20 hours a week. If you're interested in applying, please send your resume, cover letter and 3 to 5 clips that best represent your voice (as UNZIPPED files-tifs, jpegs, etc.) to the attention of N. Meridian.