NOTE: Please note that the price listed merely reflects completion of one possible task. Since this is a site that will need constant help, know that you may be asked to complete multiple assignments each week, or each month. The price is in no way meant to undercut real talent, as all work with us will be on a constant basis as we hope to actually hire staff in the near future. By the way, please check out our site, AScandalouslyFabulousLife, to ensure that our content is indeed a good fit for you. However, if you are juggling too many assignments currently, please do not apply. We need consistency and prompt results, not empty promises.
We are seeking freelance web producers to create content on our WordPress-based platform. This position involves taking already-existing content and inserting it into our system, making sure to fix formatting and to insert heads, deks, categories, tags, etc. The producers would also be responsible for conducting photo research, resizing and cropping images, videos, etc., and uploading them to our site while assuring consistency and user-friendly applications for the site’s users.
- Photo selection, production and optimization
- Publishing features to the website
- Optimizing articles for search engines
- Experience and a comfort level with social media tools and techniques
- Stellar interpersonal and communication skills ? A natural sense of urgency; ability to juggle many initiatives at the same time
- Self-motivated skills, only needs minimal attention to perform
Experience with CMS
- Familiarity with online media (basic HTML, knowledge of SEO)
- Photoshop or other photo editing experience
- Finding images that accurately depict the content written about, if the standard photo gallery doesn’t have a relatable image; specifically for celeb/political figures articles that need photos from other sources such as WonderWall, MSN.com, Disney, and so on.
Given that our business is internet driven, this is a work-from-home position. Our chosen candidate must have reliable self-starting skills and good personal time management skills.
Note: This is a new website seeking to expand in a diverse market while helping others and various charities in the process. Therefore, producers should have a realistic figure in mind regarding compensation before applying for a position. However, price is always negotiable.
This is an off-site position. You must be able to commit to 10 hours a week. If you're interested in applying, please send your resume and cover letter (as UNZIPPED files-tifs, jpegs, etc.) as well as links to examples of your previous work to the attention of N. Meridian.