Looking for someone to digitally ink a black & white 150+ page graphic novel.
This is not a "comic" and the art is gritty, so I DON'T need someone who is going to give this book a Disney makeover, and I DON'T want someone who is just going to apply a quick Photoshop filter to the pages...I need someone who's good with things like muscles, guns, planes and explosions... There isn't a ton of work needed for most pages, and most pages can almost be directly "traced". A few pages do need some minor fixes/cleanup; some because of slightly sloppy art, but most due to blurry art.
Basically, I want someone who can take this: http://www.heavy-weapon.com/images/freelance/HW1.jpg
And turn it into something like this: http://www.heavy-weapon.com/images/freelance/HW-inked-shaded.jpg
The art for many pages is blurry because the original artist was supposed to work in 300dpi at 3300x2550 pixel print resolution, but did the work on a smaller scale and inflated it. When the art is viewed at full size, it looks blurry... I need whomever takes this job to make sure that all pages are at the correct resolution and are crisp, clean, and clear. This is important for a high quality digital release of the book.
MAIN REQUIREMENTS (please read everything below):
1. Main thing you need to be is consistent in your work, and committed/deditcated. I've had too many people ditch on this project and it's a waste of my time and money.
2. An inker who doesn't mind working with a somewhat picky client. I apologize for this, but I have a specific vision for the art and I don't want someone taking liberty without my consent.
3. Someone who can work quickly for what little I can offer, but not sacrifice quality. I need this done before the end of October.
4. Willing to work for pay and recognition ONLY; no royalties. Just pay and credits in the book, and probably on the cover. Nothing else is promised, but if for some reason this book takes off and sells well, you can bet I'll be back in touch with you for more work...
5. I don't mind foreign-born workers, but please speak good English or have a good translation program available. Sorry, I'm just not keen on repeating things.
6. I don't have any more money... Don't ask. I can only offer to pay you with the cash I have available. I'm not looking to negotiate.
7. If you didn't bother reading #1-6, and don't want to provide a single page sample within a couple days of applying, then don't waste my time and don't click the Apply button.
+ Willingness to do some additional grayscale shading is a PLUS!
+ A love of 80's action movies, or just a passion for the 80's in general is also a PLUS!
+ Being available for contact frequently is a PLUS as well...I'd like updates at least weekly.
+ Accepting payments by Paypal makes things easier too, but isn't necessary. I can do Western Union if necessary, but you will be paid after I receive work. I paid 2 people in advance already and then they disappeared after completing less than 1/2 of the work paid for...no more advance payments, sorry.
==== A SAMPLE OF YOUR WORK ON ONE OF MY PAGES IS REQUIRED!! ====