Lisa Powell Braun
Highly experienced industry professional creating original designs and styling of print and solid lines, complementing current computer technology skills. Specializing in design and styling, illustration, graphic design, sales and marketing.
Lisa Powell Braun Designs 1990- present
Principal: Surface Pattern and Textile Design
Currently create original graphic and textile design and style print lines for
textile manufacturers for the women’s wear, junior, sleepwear and intimate apparel, men’s wear, children’s wear, T-shirt, kitchenware and bedding markets as well as paper product’s manufacturers.
Children’s Book illustration
Fine Art Watercolor Paintings
Partial client list
• Jo-Ann Fabrics
• Fruit of the Loom (men’s, women’s, and children’s wear)
• Dan River
• Good Lad
• Springmaid Home Furnishings
• Buster Brown Apparel
• JC Penney
• The Gap - embroidery design
• DePersico Custom Design Group- textile design and illustrations
• Stephen Lawrence Gift wrap, Classico, Cranes Stationery- original surface pattern design
• ALS Hope Foundation- brochure and invitations
• Keller - Williams Realty- brochure
• From The Heart Charitable Org.-invitation and book cover
• Lot.26 Botanica Design Firm-decorative wall designs
• Bed Bath and Beyond- wall stickers
• Immigration Law Options Law Firm-logo design
• Wagner Rotary Dental Instruments- logo design and flyers, website illustrations, catalog
Springs Industries NYC 1983-1989
Head Stylist of Children’s Wear Division
• Successfully created and implemented childrenswear division and developed seasonal prints and solid color lines.
• Responsible for developing original print designs and worked closely with customers to achieve their design, printing and budgetary goals.
• Worked with printing personnel at printing plants approving lab dips and print strike-offs.
• Managed a large studio developing designs under tight deadlines.
• Presented print and solid lines to manufacturers and sales force.
• Traveled globally for line presentations and to research design trends.
• Helped to increase sales f rom $32 million to $58 million within 6 years.
The Manes Organization NYC 1982-1983
Textile designer, colorist, mill work
Fatherley Fabrics NYC 1979-1982
Assisted with design, styling, strike-offs, sales and marketing for upscale design converter for the women’s wear market.
Parsons School of Design-2012
Currently enrolled in AAS degree program in Graphic Design
Moore College of Art-2010
Certificate in Digital Media for Print and Web Design - CS4: Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign,
Flash, and Dreamweaver
Syracuse University, College of Visual and Performing Arts-1979
B.F.A. cum laude, Textile and Surface Pattern Design
Member of the Color Association of the United States
Society of Children’s Book Illustrators