Self-motivated driven professional with over 13 years of sales and marketing experience in both business to business and direct sales. Proven success establishing, building and maintaining strong business relationships within multiple specialty areas. Expert in using multifaceted information technology for analytics and marketing.
HOP IN DEALS,
Founder and Co-Member (2009-2011-Sold)
• Founded, created and launched Hop In Deals, daily deal site.
• Managed all business functions of company including hiring and managing sales representatives.
• Managed and grew followers on all social media platforms including, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
• Organized and attended networking functions at Chamber, Local First and other events.
• Partnered with Grand Rapids Chamber and JQ99 Radio to be exclusive deal site for their members.
• Managed email campaign with Mail Chimp and grew email list to 35,000 followers.
• Analyzed all company data, sales, and kept up with competitor’s trends.
• Assisted in marketing and consulted with several local businesses and start-ups on ideas, co-promoting, and events. Partnered with Mommy Bloggers and blogged on several other online communities.
• Designed, managed, and maintained marketing pieces and functions, including radio and TV promotions, such as Take Five WZZM, Eight West Wood TV8 and Shelley Irwin WGVU Morning Show and Tony Gates Show.
Specialty Outside Sales / Gastroenterology Product Line (2002 – 2009)
• Successfully managed large geographic area including – Grand Rapids West Michigan, Lansing, Jackson, Battle Creek, Kalamazoo, Traverse City, Petoskey, and Northern Indiana.
• Serviced Gastroenterology Doctors, both in office and hospital Endo centers.
• Promoted several products – Canasa, Ultrase, Urso Forte, Pylera and Carafate.
• Serviced three Cystic Fibrosis Clinics and promoted Ultrase and CF programs.
• Continually analyzed market changes including gain, market share, product data and competitive products. Adjusting approach for continuous ongoing success.
• Planned and managed speaker programs, lunches, exhibits, and appointments.
• Elected to work on Company’s Marketing Advisory Team.
• Planned and organized team meetings along with training new employees.
• Led successful push to gain products on Hospital Formularies and Priority Health, Michigan’s largest.
• Completed “Wolf Tracks” Advanced Sales Training at Axcan.
• Attended AMA course in Marketing and Public Speaking at American Management Assoc.
• Elected by peers for “Employee of the Quarter Award” (2004)
• Facilitated peer communication, Team Building and Success by starting and maintaining Team Success Newsletter.
• Participated in DDW in New Orleans. “Digestive Disease Week”.
• Winner of countless company “SPIFFS” / Contests. Ranked Top 10% 4 years in a row.
• Ranked Percent – 2002 / 03 –107% | 2003 / 04 - 105% | 2004 / 05 –102% | 2005 / 06 –107%
2006 / 07 –106% | 2007 / 08 – 96% | 2008 / 09 –102%
Cold Drink Account Manager / Promoted to Business Development Manager
• Managed office, industrial, schools, golf courses, entertainment and mass accounts.
• Successfully serviced and grow new and current accounts. Opened 20-30 new accounts monthly.
• Managed stock and re-ordering. Stocking of shelves and cross merchandising.
• Responsible for mass display merchandising at Meijer, Target and other super stores.
• Promote new product lines and programs.
• Wrote and presented proposals and contracts.
• Responsible for merchandising of products and building of displays and P.O.S. at many large and small accounts.
• Trained NEW employees. Cross-trained with other departments.
• Consistently met and exceeded sales goals and initiatives.
• Member of the General Managers Club.
• #1 in sales for Grand Rapids – 2000/2001.
• #1 in sales for State of Michigan – 1999 and #3 in 2000.
ALLEGRA PRINT & IMAGING,
Outside Sales / Print Consultant (1998- 1999)
• Serviced and grew accounts.
• Managed 200+ current accounts.
• Brought in on average 20 NEW accounts monthly.
• Met and exceeded monthly sales goals.
• Gained extensive knowledge of printing processes and controls.
CORNERSTONE UNIVERSITY, Grand Rapids, MI
Bachelor of Business
Major: Business Management
PURDUE UNIVERSITY, South Bend, IN
Associate of Science
Major: Business / Organizational Leadership