Seeking the opportunity to write for clients.
Hope College, Holland, Michigan 1997
• B.A. Elementary Education, GPA 3.5
Grand Valley State University, Allendale, Michigan 2002
• M.A. Educational Leadership, GPA 3.8
General Education Teacher, Woodside Elementary, Holland, Michigan
General Education Teacher, West Ottawa Public School Summer Program,
Holland, Michigan 1998, 2005-2010
SKILLS AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS
• Developed innovative curriculum and used unconventional methods and
resources to instruct and assess learners. Ideas and materials shared across
• Worked with several teachers and administrators to implement a new
Language Arts assessment program for the district and helped train teachers.
• Constructed a curriculum map for Social Studies and Mathematics
used district wide.
• Created a student council program for students in grades three through five.
Students held instrumental leadership role throughout the school.
• Collaborated annually with parents to create Spirit Week for Woodside Elementary students.
• Trained Woodside Elementary teachers in methods to teach writing extended response items.
• Taught remedial education to first through fifth graders in summer school program.
• Instrumental in selecting staff for both Woodside Elementary and the
West Ottawa Public School district through interview procedures.
• Evaluated and approved new curriculum and funding of programs for the
district through membership of the West Ottawa Leadership Team.
Writing Assessments Brain Compatible Education Web Page Design Student-Centered Learning Classroom Management
Power Writing Integrated Instruction
Teaching Economics Assessing Reading
Authored and published parent resource book “It’s Time to Play Outside” 2011
Designed and wrote website to promote the book and issue of children playing creatively in nature 2011
Freelance writer for Demand Media Studios 2010-2011
• Publish educational and family life content.